Sonographer jobs near you
Find ultrasound jobs with the trusted choice for private ultrasound scans in the UK.
At Ultrasound Direct we care about your career. With opportunities for a full-time sonographer role or flexible hours, we offer:
indemnity insurance for all sonographers
continuing professional development opportunities
a robust training programme to help you be the best you can be
the best ultrasound machines available
a caring environment with support for our staff
a focus on the health and wellbeing of all our clients
Whether you are looking for career progression or a lifestyle change your future in sonography starts now. We’ve made Ultrasound Direct the sonographer’s choice for the best opportunities in the private ultrasound sector.
We offer sonographer jobs across the UK
We have over 75 clinics ready to welcome skilled, compassionate sonographers who want to work in a caring environment where providing reassurance to patients is at the forefront of everything we do.
We recruit directly rather than through general placement agencies and have opportunities available nationwide. Complete the form and upload an up-to-date CV, then we’ll review your application and get in touch with your next steps. If sonographer jobs are not available near you right now we will keep your application on file and get back to you as a priority when we have something that would suit you.
We currently have a particular need for sonographers in Chelmsford, Colchester, Romford, Maidstone, Canterbury, Maidenhead, Heathrow, Oxford and Reading.
More information about sonographer jobs at Ultrasound Direct
Typical sonographer responsibilities:
- Provide obstetric sonographer services with gynae, general and MSK desirable
- Deliver high quality ultrasound services
- Work remotely as part of a larger team
- Report to the Clinical Regional Lead/Manager
- Provide an ultrasound service which ensures patient safety, high quality, efficiency and in line with company and CQC protocols and requirements
- Have a CASE accredited ultrasound qualification or equivalent
- Appear on the Health and Care Professions Council, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Medical Council or voluntary register
- Represent the organisation positively in all contacts both directly with the public and between healthcare professionals and organisations
- Perform ultrasound examinations and compile concise and comprehensive reports
- Maintain a friendly, helpful and professional manner at all times
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Communicate effectively with service users and their families
- Make onward referrals as per our policies and protocols
- Have a flexible approach
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Maintain Continuing Professional Development and keep up to date with current issues around ultrasound
- Show strong commitment and a high level of integrity
Ultrasound Direct has over 75 clinics in different regions across the UK. We are recruiting sonographers in every region.
Beds, Buck & Herts
Essex & Kent
- Alderley Edge
- Barrow In Furness
- Manchester Prestwich
Southern & Mid West
South West & Wales