Ultrasound Direct Colchester is an established national provider operating in your local area. We're externally audited by the Care Quality Commission, we have NHS provider status, and we've got a friendly team of locally employed healthcare professionals on call to meet your every need.
Some Great Reasons To Choose Ultrasound Direct Colchester:
- A convenient central location with excellent transport links
- The friendliest team of qualified healthcare professionals you're ever likely to meet
- A comprehensive choice of private ultrasound health scans for men and women
- A range of 2D pregnancy scans, with prices starting at just £39
- Delivery of your scan images and report by Ultrasound Direct toMOBILE - ready to send on to friends and family or your clinician in seconds
Ultrasound Scans for Women's and Men's Health
As part of The Fertility Partnership, we have collaborated with Simply Fertility to build an ultrasound clinic in Colchester that is suited to both pregnant clients and those who are looking to seek advice on fertility matters. All of our women's and men's private health scans in Colchester can be booked on a self-referral basis. There is no need for medical insurance or a referral from your doctor. If after your scan our staff deem it necessary, and you give permission, they can refer you to your doctor or health care provider.
We provide a full range of ultrasound scans for women's and men's health including
Women's Private Ultrasound Scans
- Fertility scans and blood tests if required
- Post menopausal pelvic scans
- Upper abdominal scans
- Kidneys, ureters & bladder scans
- Soft tissue lumps & bumps
Men's Private Ultrasound Scans
- Abdominal scans
- Kidneys, ureters & prostate scans
- Soft tissue lumps & bumps
- Testes & scrotum
Ultrasound Direct Colchester is one of the only clinics in the UK to offer a comprehensive selection of musculoskeletal (MSK) scans for men and women. Below are some of our advanced health screening services available for men and women:
- Musculoskeletal scans (MSK) including shoulders; wrists & hands; hips; knees; ankles & feet
- Vascular screening for stroke risk evaluation to include carotid scans (assessment of the blood flow in the arteries of the neck) and abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA - a potential swelling of the main abdominal artery)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) assessment, including onsite cholesterol analysis
At Ultrasound Direct Colchester we specialise in baby scans, ultrasound screening, and Non-Invasive Prenatal Tests (NIPT).
Our appointments are often much longer than those of other providers. For instance, we insist upon 15 minute appointments as standard for all of our early pregnancy scans. Though you won't usually need this when everything is going well, it allows time for our healthcare professionals to act on their duty of care with sensitivity should your scan outcome be unexpected.
Our skilled healthcare professionals are backed up by a recognised clinical pathway for any further referral you may need.
Results On The Day
All appointments will benefit from a concise report provided on the day and if required. In some circumstances, a follow up scan will be necessary to complete or compliment your initial report, which we will provide at no extra charge.
Ultrasound Direct Colchester is located at the Lanswoodpark Business Centre, not far from Colchester. Conveniently placed just outside Elmstead Market on the A133, our ultrasound clinic in Colchester is just 6 miles from the centre of the town.
Travelling to Ultrasound Direct Colchester by public transport is easy, with regular buses running to and from the nearby Beth Chatto Gardens towards Colchester town centre. Just hop on the 77, 97 or X76 from Colchester Bus Station and you'll be within seconds of our clinic in under 20 minutes.
If you are travelling by train, the clinic is a 20-25 minute journey by taxi from Colchester North Station. Colchester has another station: Colchester Town. The North Station has a taxi rank and is over a mile North of the town centre; however regular trains run to North Station from London Liverpool Street, Ipswich, Clacton on Sea and Norwich. Trains to Colchester Town are less frequent and may require you to change at North Station.
If you're driving to Ultrasound Direct Colchester, just head out of Colchester on the A133 towards Clacton-on-Sea: our clinic is at the Lanswoodpark Business Centre on the right-hand side 1 minute after you pass through Elmstead Market. Parking is available onsite, free-of-charge.