National Fertility Awareness Week – How your local Ultrasound Direct Dundee can help
Between Monday 31st October and Sunday 6th November is ‘Fertility Network UK’s’ National Fertility Awareness Week, and we at your local Ultrasound Direct clinic are supporting them by sharing the message and raising awareness!
This year Fertility Network UK aim to
- Promote the importance of fertility education (facts about fertility, dispelling myths)
- Help someone struggling with fertility issues feel less alone and isolated.
- Help someone to understand what their friend, partner, family member or work colleague is going through.
Use the above hashtags to share your story!
For those undergoing IVF treatment – or for those who are experiencing difficulties with fertility, Ultrasound Direct Dundee offers a Fertility Pelvic Scan for only £99.
This scan is available to women of a child bearing age who are at least 16 years old.
What the scan is for
This scan is usually used to:
- Estimate the time of ovulation and measure the endometrial thickness for assisted conception.
- Measure the follicles and endometrial thickness prior to private IVF treatment in the UK or abroad.
- Detect the presence and position of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD or coil).
- Check the wellbeing of the uterus and ovaries before conception.
The scan provides a detailed look at the size, shape and condition of the:
- Pelvic area
- Endometrium (Womb lining)
Approximately 30 minutes with a 10 to 15 minute scan.
Preparing for your appointment
- You’ll need to expose the lower part of your abdomen, so ideally wear a two-piece garment like a skirt and trousers.
- Drink 500 ml or 1 pint of clear fluid about one hour before your appointment. Milk and fizzy drinks aren’t recommended. Please don’t empty your bladder until after your appointment.
- Don’t discontinue any medication you normally take.
Benefits of Ultrasound Direct
- Results on the day.
- A choice of convenient appointment times and locations.
- Time to discuss your results with a fully-trained healthcare professional.
- Easy booking with our award winning online booking system.
You can book in now at your local Ultrasound Direct clinic by clicking below: