Ultrasound Direct: Important Information
Ultrasound Direct offers private diagnostic ultrasound scans for pregnancy and non-pregnancy health. Here’s some important information about the services and policies:
General scan information
- We only scan people over 16 years of age
- We cannot scan you for a specific condition if you are already under a care plan and receiving treatment for it. If you are aware of a medical condition and wish to monitor it, and are not receiving treatment, you are welcome to book a scan with us
- All patients are provided with a sonographer’s report at the end of their appointment, recommending your next steps
Blood test results
- Blood test results can take up to 14 working days
- Your blood sample is analysed in the UK by our authorised partners TDL or Future Health BioBank (dependent on scan type). By booking a blood test appointment with us you are agreeing to your personal information being shared with TDL solely for the purpose of this test. Your express permission for this will also be asked during your appointment.
When you book a scan, we’ll take your preferred healthcare professional’s contact details.
- If we recommend a medical follow-up, we will send our report to your preferred healthcare professional (with your consent)
- Please note that this can take up to 48 hours for weekend appointments.
- If you cancel more than 48 hours before your appointment, we will refund your deposit.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your appointment, we cannot refund your deposit.
Appointment change policy
- Where possible, we will transfer your deposit if you change the date or time of your appointment more than 24 hours before your original appointment.
- If you change the date or time of your appointment on the day of your original appointment, we cannot transfer or refund your deposit.
Ultrasound scan protocol
Our method of ultrasound scanning has never been shown to cause any harm. Our practice is based around the concept of ‘in safe hands’. If used improperly, ultrasound scanning equipment can cause potential harm. Because all our sonographers are fully trained and regulated, we mitigate any risk by using the equipment properly and safely.
We also use the As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principle when scanning – this means that we use the lowest possible ultrasound output and shortest possible scan times.
This website is protected by copyright. It is published by Ultrasound Direct Limited and may not be reproduced other than when downloaded and viewed for private use only. It is not to be otherwise reproduced or transmitted or made available on a network without the prior written consent of Ultrasound Direct Limited. [ultrasound-direct.com], BABYBOND and the Babybond logo are registered trade marks of Ultrasound Direct Limited. Any infringements of Ultrasound Direct Limited's rights will result in appropriate legal action.
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you, such as:
- Necessary health information.
We collect this data when you complete an online booking or make a telephone call to book an appointment.
We will also obtain personal data as a result of any scan or blood test carried out.
Dependent on region, the data may be collected by (and services performed by) an authorised Franchisee of Ultrasound Direct Limited.
How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time we took your data.
These purposes include:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Quality of service and statistical analysis surveys
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- Disclosure to authorised Franchisees to provide the requested service
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Billing and order fulfilment
- To notify you of any changes to this website or our services which may affect you
- Security vetting
- Improving our services.
We may also use any information or results of any study (your booking details, practitioner outcome report, and supporting images and clips) for the purposes of studies or research carried out by ourselves or by an authorised third party. Any studies or research will only use information which has been completely anonymised - you will not and cannot be identified from any results of any such research or studies.
No personal data will be stored by Ultrasound Direct Limited unless an appointment has been made via the website or over the phone. Full terms and conditions will be provided prior to completing the booking of an appointment.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- We store your personal data on secure servers
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
You can call us via your local clinic – check out the location page for contact details.
You can also use our live chat function, or write to us at:
Ultrasound Direct Limited
Institute of Reproductive Sciences
Oxford Business Park North
Alec Issigonis Way
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we may hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you should:
- Put your request in writing and either send it by post or by email to email@example.com
- Include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or booking reference numbers where applicable.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also obtain information about your online movements and use of the internet. We do this by placing a 'cookie', which is a small file, on your computer's hard disk. Cookies are widely used for several reasons:
- To recognise you whenever you visit this website
- To speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log on each time)
- To store your personal preferences
- To build a profile about you
- To better target our marketing and advertising campaign.
your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: aboutcookies.org
Here is a list of the main cookies used by the Ultrasound Direct website, and what each is used for:
Purpose of Cookie
Session cookies remember any page changes or item or data selection you do from page to page. This cookie is removed as soon as you close your browser.
Purpose of Cookie
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Ultrasound Direct site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Detailed information about each Google Analytics cookie is provided here: An Explanation Of Cookies & Google Analytics
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
How to reject or delete this cookie
Purpose of Cookie
Provided by our bookmarking supplier, these cookies enable you to easily share or bookmark selected pages.